Wednesday, March 31, 2010

out of darkness... into light.

In the midst of Holy week here in Costa Rica, a very special and celebrated Semana Santa, I was touched with the lyrics of this song by Charlie Hall. I’m humbled by the realization that without the events of this week 2,000 years ago, I would have nothing. I’d be a shadow of myself, if I’d even still be here.

Did you know that God became man to restore a broken bond between the two? That life doesn’t stop when a person prays the “sinner’s prayer”? That we’re not meant to “bide time” until we get to heaven, if we believe there is one or that we’ll go there?

Life’s about stories.
Sharing, laughing, crying, and living… truly living.

Marvelous Light

I once was fatherless,
a stranger with no hope;
Your kindness wakened me,
Awakened me, from my sleep

Your love it beckons deeply,
a call to come and die.
By grace now I will come
And take this life, take your life.

Sin has lost it's power,
death has lost it's sting.
From the grave you've risen
Victoriously

Into marvelous light I'm running,
Out of darkness, out of shame.
By the cross you are the truth,
You are the life, you are the way

My dead heart now is beating,
My deepest stains now clean.
Your breath fills up my lungs.
Now I'm free. now I'm free!

Lift my hands and spin around,
See the light that i have found.
Oh the marvelous light
Marvelous light

Lift my hands and spin
See the light within...







No comments: